News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
BBC Business News
- UK to boost technical skills as part of industrial strategy
Sun, 22 Jan 2017 13:38:48 GMT
Theresa May is to shake up technical education as part of a post-Brexit UK industrial strategy.
- Addiction still a struggle - ex Co-op bank boss Flowers
Sun, 22 Jan 2017 06:01:10 GMT
Ex Co-op Bank chairman Paul Flowers says he still struggles with addiction, three years after a drugs sting.
- Four-year MOT exemption for new cars proposed
Sun, 22 Jan 2017 04:23:41 GMT
The time new cars are allowed on the road before being tested could rise under government proposals.
- 'Be brave and naive'
Sun, 22 Jan 2017 01:25:30 GMT
CEO Secrets asks four founders what it's like to turn a small company into a huge one.
- Beware the WTO
Sun, 22 Jan 2017 00:54:25 GMT
If the UK and the EU are going to have a trade agreement, it is best to get as many sectors covered as possible to reduce the chances of a WTO challenge.
- Police officer shot in north Belfast
Sun, 22 Jan 2017 22:13:13 GMT
A police officer is in hospital after being shot on the Crumlin Road in north Belfast.
- Ronnie O'Sullivan beats Joe Perry to win record seventh Masters title
Sun, 22 Jan 2017 22:03:36 GMT
Ronnie O'Sullivan wins a record seventh Masters title with a 10-7 victory over Joe Perry in the final.
- France election: Hamon and Valls in run-off for Socialist candidacy
Sun, 22 Jan 2017 22:02:26 GMT
Left-winger Benoit Hamon the leader in the race to be the Socialist presidential candidate.
- Theresa May 'won't be afraid' to challenge Donald Trump
Sun, 22 Jan 2017 20:34:56 GMT
The PM says she wants to build on the "special relationship" but will say if she finds things "unacceptable".
- Fog alert in southern England prompts flight delay warnings
Sun, 22 Jan 2017 20:11:29 GMT
Met Office issues yellow warning for freezing fog across much of southern England.