News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
BBC Business News
- RBS leads FTSE 100 lower as losses mount
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:55:33 GMT
RBS is the largest faller in the FTSE 100 after it reports its ninth straight year of losses.
- Pensioners sold wrong annuities to get thousands in redress
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:02:11 GMT
Prudential and Standard Life are to pay compensation to thousands of pensioners sold the wrong annuities.
- Vauxhall pensions 'won't be hit by PSA Group deal'
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 14:25:52 GMT
The UK business minister is told members of Vauxhall's pension "will be no worse off" after a PSA deal.
- Boeing to open factory in South Yorkshire
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 13:54:08 GMT
The facility near Rotherham will produce high-tech aircraft components.
- 'Our textiles use iconic symbols of Lesotho'
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 13:19:16 GMT
The graphic designers using Lesotho's cultural symbols to produce fashion and home interiors.
- £14,000 tuition fees plan for two-year degree courses
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:06:25 GMT
Universities in England will be able to charge higher annual fees for shorter, fast-track degree courses.
- Trump promises border wall 'soon, way ahead of schedule'
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:51:36 GMT
Addressing a conservative summit, he promises to focus on "getting bad people out of this country".
- Storm Doris: Woman killed by debris in Wolverhampton named
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:25:58 GMT
The 29-year-old killed by a "coffee table-sized" object in Wolverhampton is named as Tahnie Martin.
- Former Home Secretary Lord Waddington dies at age of 87
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:09:28 GMT
Lord Waddington, who was home secretary under Margaret Thatcher, dies at the age of 87.
- Blind man Tasered as cane mistaken for gun in Levenshulme
Fri, 24 Feb 2017 15:05:47 GMT
Police thought the man had a gun, but it turned out to be a folding cane.