News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
BBC Business News
- EU referendum: German car makers warn on free movement
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 20:10:53 GMT
German car makers say that if the UK wants access to the single market then it will have to accept the free movement of EU citizens.
- Ryanair: 'To focus growth on European Union'
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 19:17:33 GMT
Ryanair's chief executive Michael O'Leary says that the airline will focus its growth on EU routes next year.
- UK loses top credit rating from S&P
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 18:56:56 GMT
Ratings agency S&P downgrades UK's credit rating from AAA to AA with a negative outlook after the Brexit vote.
- Sterling falls and bank, airline and property shares tumble
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:34:04 GMT
The pound falls to a 31-year low against the dollar and bank, airline and property shares tumble despite Chancellor George Osborne's attempt to calm financial markets.
- The markets facing trading turmoil
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:32:46 GMT
Global markets face a bumpy ride ahead this week as investors digest the result of the UK's vote to leave the EU
- Corbyn will not resign say allies amid battle with MPs
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 20:07:10 GMT
Allies of Jeremy Corbyn say he will not resign despite facing a mass walkout from his shadow cabinet and a vote of confidence in his leadership.
- Pro-Corbyn chants drown out speech
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 19:54:20 GMT
Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell says leader Jeremy Corbyn "is not resigning", and insists he will stand again.
- PM condemns 'despicable' post-EU referendum hate crimes
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 19:48:58 GMT
Prime Minister David Cameron condemns "despicable" incidents of hate crime reported in the wake of the UK's referendum vote to leave the EU.
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic beats James Ward
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 19:28:13 GMT
Champion Novak Djokovic beats Britain's James Ward in straight sets in the first round of Wimbledon.
- 36 hours of resignations - in 60 secs
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 19:09:23 GMT
A flavour of 36 hours of BBC News coverage of Labour resignations - in 60 seconds.