News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
BBC Business News
- Company bosses 'lack cyber-attack training'
Mon, 21 Aug 2017 03:17:16 GMT
A government survey finds one in 10 businesses questioned have no plan to deal with hacking.
- FTSE chief executives' median pay 'down almost 20%'
Sun, 20 Aug 2017 23:16:55 GMT
Deloitte says its annual survey of executive pay suggests policies to limit bosses' pay are working.
- 'I couldn't tell my parents I had started a business'
Sun, 20 Aug 2017 23:14:38 GMT
Shoko Takahashi set up bio-tech firm Gene Quest, but didn't feel able to tell her parents for six months that she had launched her own business.
- Piece of cake
Sun, 20 Aug 2017 23:11:24 GMT
How Cleusa Maria went from being a child farm worker to running one of Brazil's most popular bakery chains.
- Pension cold-calling ban to include texts and emails
Sun, 20 Aug 2017 13:28:54 GMT
The government is cracking down after 3,000 savers were conned out of an average of £15,000 each.
- US Navy ship collides with oil tanker off Singapore
Mon, 21 Aug 2017 04:12:10 GMT
Ten sailors are missing and five hurt after the warship hit an oil tanker off Singapore's coast.
- Jerry Lewis: US comedian dies aged 91 in Las Vegas
Mon, 21 Aug 2017 03:03:50 GMT
One of Hollywood's most successful comedians has died at his home in Las Vegas.
- MPs to gather for Big Ben's bongs ahead of silencing
Mon, 21 Aug 2017 02:38:19 GMT
The famous clock's Great Bell is to be silenced until 2021 to allow repairs to be completed.
- US-South Korea set for divisive military drills
Mon, 21 Aug 2017 02:07:53 GMT
Pyongyang has already lashed out at the annual drills, saying they were "adding fuel to the fire".
- Beatles' original Eleanor Rigby score up for auction
Mon, 21 Aug 2017 00:53:44 GMT
Written by Paul McCartney and signed by producer George Martin, it is expected to fetch £20,000.